Note to Jenny Novak: (if you read these) HAPPY BIRTHDAY yesterday! I LOVE YOU! Thank you for being an incredible friend and pen pal. I will write you as soon as I can but know that you have had a meaningful impact on my life. Thank you. I am so grateful that you were born yesterday 23 years ago.
Note to Michelle: Thank you so much for the email—I will write you as soon as I can. I LOVE you! I am so happy that you are so happy, my love. You've got to figure out some way to extend your stay at BYU so that we can live close when I come back. :) And THANK YOU for the picture! You know me, don't you? :D
So was little Megan born today?! I cannot wait to see her! How did everything go?
We had some miracles and some disappointments this week. John and Andei's little baby "Johnathan" was born yesterday (7 lbs. 7oz., 19 ½ in) and we got to see him! Looking at him, it amazes me that he was actually inside of her—no wonder she was so uncomfortable! He was born with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and so he had some initial breathing problems but John and Andei seem calm. I think that he is doing well.
We not only got to see Jenifer Lovell (24, single mom of a 2 yr. old little girl, now a graduate of the Art Institute of Atlanta, extremely in-tune spiritually) but after three months of no lessons we finally got to teach her a sit down lesson again! I was thrilled when we saw her on Wed. and she not only set an appointment but she expressed her sincere desire to learn more. WAHOO! We taught her on Saturday and it went really well. She set some goals/made plans to study the scriptures (Bk. of Mormon) everyday. We were so sad that she did not come to church on Sunday, though. She has never come to a normal Sabbath service (she went to Stake Conf.) and I know that she will feel uplifted and readily recognize the truth and goodness that is taught there. Pray that she comes this coming Sunday.
One of Nancy's relatives died, so we weren't able to see Jackie much, but when we did finally get to see the Hales a few miracles occurred. We were finally able to set a baptismal date with Jackie (Jan. 31st, so she'll receive the gift of the Holy Ghost on Feb. 1st!) and she is excited. Also, Nancy's husband, Robert, who has never been willing to stay for a lesson, finally stayed and we were able to talk with/teach him. It was a miracle. He opened up a lot about his religious background/things he holds dear. He committed to listen to the Book of Mormon online (he can't read) and even seems open about coming to church. I love him. He is a good man. (He was actually a Pentecostal preacher.)
We finally got to meet a less active man named Ron Hall and his wife (not a member) Stephanie. We've tried to meet them before with no success. One of the times when we went there before, someone was clearly at home and came to the door but did not open it for us, so we did not anticipate going back soon, but we ended up going and taking a little plate of goodies. In His "small and simple" way, God led us there again and they not only opened the door, but they were warm, friendly, and are very willing for us to come back! We can't wait to get to know them better and teach them the doctrine of the gospel—esp. about eternal families. It doesn't seem that Ron has ever really been taught the doctrine [and she certainly hasn't] and I can't wait for him [them] to learn!
Brandy Shelton is incredible. Sister Thompson came with us to teach her this week and the lesson (about the gospel of Jesus Christ) was powerful. She set a date for baptism as a goal to work towards (also Jan. 31st!). She agrees with the way we live and already lives the gospel but has not yet gained a personal witness that Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet or that the Bk. of Mormon is the word of God. She (and Sis. Thompson, Sis. Meddow and I) fasted this week. Because of that fast her desire to know for herself if this is God's work/church greatly increased. I am so excited for her. We had a lesson with her at Sis. Stephens last night in which we taught the 10 commandments but it was a bit crazy with all 5 of Brandy's energetic kids there (usu. we teach her while they are at school). We were really disappointed that she did not come to church this week either.
I cannot wait to see pictures of Megan and her incredible parents!
Love,
Sister Mitchell
No comments:
Post a Comment