Wednesday, July 9, 2008

a transfer

So, I was transferred and now I am with Sister Parker (from Boise, ID) and we will be whitewashing/openning a new sisters' area in Jasper (so far only senior couples have served there). It is in the northern part of the mission so our area goes up to the Tennesee border. I've heard it's beautiful--the most beautiful part of the mission--and kind of mountainous (as mountainous as the south gets) but I haven't seen it yet. Right now I'm in a library right by the mission office because we wanted to be sure that we could email our families before heading up there. Sister Tidwell is training again, so that is exciting.

I feel...kind of in shock because I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. When they announced (at transfer meeting) where we would be serving, Sis. King handed us a brand new, empty area book--wow! What responsibility. We're starting from scratch. And I guess there is just a little branch up there.

I am really excited, though. And nervous. President King announced that the new counsel from the Twelve Apostles is that missionaries are supposed to stay in areas for long[er] periods of time so that we can get to know the members and gain their trust. So, I suppose that I will get to serve in this area for a long time...probably six months or more!

I don't know Sis. Parker too well but she seems dedicated and gregarious. She has only been out for 3 months longer than I have (so she's just been out for 6 months). I am excited to get to know and love her.

I don't have time to write more but I love you and I'm sure that I'll be needing your prayers more than ever. Thank you for all of your love and support. I forgot to bring in the paper with the address (shucks) so I guess I'll just give you the mission office address:

Sister Ashley Anne Mitchell
1150 Cole Dr. SW
Lilburn, GA 30047

I will send pictures when I'm on a computer that has more programs than Internet Explorer! I love you.

Love,
Sister Mitchell

No comments: