the Seventy. He talked about how we can know Truth. He talked about
how most human knowledge is provisional and gained through observation
but isn't there ANYTHING that we can know definitively? OF COURSE!
We must learn by faith and through the inspiration of the Holy Ghost.
This kind of knowledge requires that we must be changed by what we
learn--and that's why truth and righteousness are intimately
connected. He said "Once the Spirit whispers 'this is true' it
requires not incidentally, but fundamentally, change." He also talked
about how a famous economist (maybe Bernstein..?) wrote a book that
included a history of the per capita GDP in the world and that it was
pretty much constant until 1820 after which the graph, instead of
being parallel to the x-axis it becomes pretty much parallel to the
y-axis. The graph for population growth in the world was pretty much
identical. Of course, the year 1820 was the year of Joseph Smith's
First Vision. He also talked about how this is the FULLNESS of times
and the greatest time for missionary work. I wish that I could say
more and actually give a good summary of that devotional but I have
only four mins left to write. It was fantastic, though.
I love you. I leave tomorrow for Atlanta! WAHOO! I will finally be
a real missionary :) I am excited and nervous to really embark on
this journey. (Man, these missionaries talking around me are driving
me NUTS!!! I just want to focus on writing this email but I can't and
now I'm out of time! :) Oh, it really is all about learning patience,
right Heather?
Well, I love you all and I can't wait to experience the adventures
that I will write you about next week--in Georgia!
Sister Ashley Anne Mitchell
Georgia Atlantat North Mission
1150 Cole Dr. SW
Lilburn, GA 84004
Feel free to write and I will write you back! (Or email me if you're family!)
Love,
Ashley Anne (Sis. Mitchell)
No comments:
Post a Comment